I’ve been working in the field of using Web 2.0 techniques to help make transport more sustainable for several years. This post is adapted from my Blogger Blog written in 2011 when we launched the GreenCityStreets.com website.
Here are several of my papers on the subject of using Web 2.0 techniques to create more sustainable transportation systems:
- An Integrated Web 2.0 Approach for Improving Public Transport pdf 2010
- IT for Smart Mobility presentation on YouTube 2010
- Web 2.0 Applications for Improving Public Participation in Transport Planning; pdf 2009 – Presentation
- GreenCityStreets.com information technology applications for improved public participation in transport planning
Bus Meister is a prototype for the Green City Streets project. It combines a game (to attract and teach), a social network (to encourage political action) and a best practices wiki (for those who want to learn more). If Bus Meister is successful we will create similar programs for other modes of transport under the same Green City Streets website.
Here are links to the GreenCityStreets.com pages:
- Bus Meister Game
- GreenCityStreets Social Network (GreenCityStreets.com Forum)
- GreenCityStreets Best Practices wiki
We welcome your comments and ideas!